两党众议院法案将禁止使用联邦资金支付司法部“反武器化”基金款项


更新于2026年5月21日 / 美国东部时间下午4:44 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻

作者:凯特琳·伊莱克 政治记者
凯特琳·伊莱克是哥伦比亚广播公司新闻网驻华盛顿特区政治记者,曾供职于《华盛顿观察家报》和《国会山报》,并入选美国国家新闻基金会2022年保罗·米勒华盛顿报道奖学金项目。

阅读完整简介

华盛顿讯 —— 宾夕法尼亚州共和党众议员布莱恩·菲茨帕特里克与纽约州民主党众议员汤姆·苏奥齐周四提出一项法案,禁止使用联邦资金支付司法部新设立的“反武器化”基金的赔付款项。

这项题为《美国纳税人两党透明法案》的法案提出之际,共和党人正就这笔近18亿美元的基金展开争论。该基金旨在向那些声称自己遭到政府不当 targeting 或调查的个人提供赔偿。总统的盟友和支持者,包括部分参与1月6日国会山骚乱事件的人士,均表示计划提交赔付申请。

该基金是根据特朗普总统起诉国税局泄露其纳税申报单案件的和解协议设立的,这种极不寻常的安排遭到了民主党以及国会山越来越多共和党议员的强烈批评。

菲茨帕特里克和苏奥齐提出的两页纸法案明确规定,“任何联邦资金……均不得用于支付提交给司法部于2026年5月18日设立的‘反武器化’基金的任何索赔申请”。

“国会负有保护纳税人资金、监督联邦开支的宪法责任,”菲茨帕特里克在一份声明中表示,“纳税人的钱不会成为任意支配的赔付基金。透明度并非可选选项,问责也不容谈判。”

资料图:纽约州民主党众议员汤姆·苏奥齐(左)与宾夕法尼亚州共和党众议员布莱恩·菲茨帕特里克在美国国会山。肯特·西村 / 彭博社 via 盖蒂图片社

苏奥齐表示,这个“黑金政治基金”将开创“危险先例”。

在周三写给代理司法部长托德·布兰奇的一封信中,菲茨帕特里克表达了对该基金的“紧急担忧”,称其“未经国会监督或批准”便得以设立。他要求布兰奇在6月1日前回复他以下问题:资金来源、哪些主体有资格获得资助,以及设立该基金的法律依据是什么。

周四,针对司法部基金的反对声音,导致共和党人为期三年的移民海关执法局和边境巡逻局拨款和解法案的通过希望落空。共和党领导人原本希望能在本周末前让该法案在参众两院获得通过,以兑现特朗普总统设定的6月1日最后期限。

Bipartisan House bill would ban use of federal money for DOJ’s “anti-weaponization” fund

Updated May 21, 2026 / 4:44 PM EDT / CBS News

By Caitlin Yilek Politics Reporter
Caitlin Yilek is a politics reporter at CBSNews.com, based in Washington, D.C. She previously worked for the Washington Examiner and The Hill, and was a member of the 2022 Paul Miller Washington Reporting Fellowship with the National Press Foundation.

Read Full Bio

Washington — Republican Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania and Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi of New York introduced a bill Thursday to ban the use of federal money for paying out claims from the Justice Department’s new “anti-weaponization” fund.

The bill, titled the Bipartisan Transparency for American Taxpayers Act, comes as Republicans fight over the nearly $1.8 billion fund that was established to compensate people who claim they were improperly targeted or investigated by the government. Allies and supporters of the president, including some of those involved in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, have said they plan to submit claims for payouts.

The fund was created as part of a settlement of a suit by President Trump against the IRS over a leak of his tax returns, a highly unusual arrangement that has elicited strong criticism from Democrats and a growing number of Republicans on Capitol Hill.

Fitzpatrick and Suozzi’s two-page bill says “no federal funds … may be used for the payment of any claim submitted to the Anti-Weaponization Fund, established by the Department of Justice on May 18, 2026.”

“Congress has a constitutional responsibility to protect taxpayer dollars and oversee federal spending,” Fitzpatrick said in a statement. “Taxpayer dollars will not become a discretionary payout fund. Transparency is not optional. Accountability is not negotiable.”

File photo: Reps. Tom Suozzi, a Democrat from New York, left, and Brian Fitzpatrick, a Republican from Pennsylvania, at the U.S. Capitol. Kent Nishimura / Bloomberg via Getty Images

Suozzi said the “slush fund” would set a “dangerous precedent.”

In a letter to acting Attorney General Todd Blanche on Wednesday, Fitzpatrick expressed “urgent concern” about the fund, which was established “with no oversight or approval from Congress.” He asked that Blanche respond to him by June 1 about where the money is coming from, who would be eligible to receive it and under what authority the fund was created.

On Thursday, opposition to the DOJ fund derailed hopes for passage of Republicans’ reconciliation package to provide money for Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol for three years, which GOP leaders were hoping to get through both chambers by the end of the week to meet Mr. Trump’s June 1 deadline.

评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注