2026-05-23T08:54:00-0400 / 哥伦比亚广播公司(CBS)新闻
更新时间:2026年5月23日 / 美国东部时间上午9:21 / 哥伦比亚广播公司/法新社
红十字会周六宣布,三名志愿者今年3月在刚果民主共和国执行任务期间疑似感染埃博拉病毒后死亡。
这个中非国家正遭遇致命病毒性疾病疫情,世界卫生组织已将其列为国际关注的突发公共卫生事件。
国际红十字与红新月运动联合会(IFRC)表示,这三名志愿者来自伊图里省的刚果(金)红十字会,该省位于东北部,是此次疫情的震中。
他们当时在伊图里省朱古地区的该组织蒙博卢分部工作。
国际红十字与红新月运动联合会在一份声明中称:“阿里卡纳·乌杜穆西·奥古斯丁、塞扎博·卡塔纳博和阿吉科·钱迪鲁·维维安被认为是在执行任务期间感染埃博拉病毒的。他们于3月27日开展遗体处理工作,此次人道主义任务与埃博拉无关。”
“当时该社区尚未意识到埃博拉病毒病疫情暴发,疫情也尚未被发现。他们是此次疫情已知的首批受害者。”
2026年5月20日,在刚果(金)东部伊图里省蒙博卢开展埃博拉疫情应对工作期间,一名患者在蒙博卢综合转诊医院准备抽血检测。米歇尔·卢南加 / 盖蒂图片社
国际红十字与红新月运动联合会表示,其中一名志愿者于5月5日死亡,另外两人分别于5月15日和16日死亡。
“这些志愿者怀着勇气和人道精神为社区服务,最终献出了生命,”总部位于日内瓦的国际红十字与红新月运动联合会说道。“他们的奉献精神,体现了每天都在复杂高风险环境中工作的红十字会志愿者的非凡奉献精神,他们致力于帮助弱势群体。”
国际红十字与红新月运动联合会是全球最大的人道主义网络,在191多个国家拥有超过1700万名志愿者。该组织表示,将继续支持受埃博拉疫情影响的社区,并加强应对疫情的工作。
克雷格·斯宾塞医生是布朗大学急诊室医师兼公共卫生教授,2014年他在几内亚与无国界医生合作时感染埃博拉后幸存。他此前告诉哥伦比亚广播公司新闻,自己特别担心参与疫情应对的医护人员。
“我最担心的就是医护人员群体,因为他们会在患者传染性最强的时候与其密切接触,尤其是在患者临终阶段,”斯宾塞说道。
埃博拉是一种通过直接接触体液传播的致命病毒性疾病,可导致严重出血和器官衰竭。此次疫情涉及的邦迪布约埃博拉病毒毒株较为罕见,目前尚无获批的疫苗或治疗方法。
周五,世界卫生组织将刚果(金)的疫情风险评估上调至最高级别。
世卫组织将刚果(金)的风险评估等级从“高”升级为“极高”,同时将区域风险等级维持在“高”,全球风险等级维持在“低”。
世卫组织周五表示,刚果(金)目前有82例确诊病例和7例确诊死亡病例,另有近750例疑似病例和177例疑似死亡病例。
Ebola kills 3 Red Cross workers in the Congo, organization says
2026-05-23T08:54:00-0400 / CBS News
Updated on: May 23, 2026 / 9:21 AM EDT / CBS/AFP
The Red Cross announced on Saturday that three volunteers had died in the Democratic Republic of Congo after apparently contracting Ebola while on duty there in March.
The central African country has been gripped by an outbreak of the deadly viral disease which the World Health Organization has declared an international public health emergency.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said the volunteers were from the DR Congo Red Cross in Ituri, the northeastern province which is the outbreak’s epicenter.
They worked for the Mongbwalu branch of the organisation in Djugu territory, Ituri.
“Alikana Udumusi Augustin, Sezabo Katanabo and Ajiko Chandiru Viviane are believed to have contracted the Ebola virus on duty, while carrying out dead body management activities on March 27 as part of a humanitarian mission unrelated to Ebola,” the IFRC said in a statement.
“At the time of the intervention, the community was not aware of the Ebola virus disease outbreak, and the outbreak had not yet been identified. They are among the first known victims of the outbreak.”
A patient prepares to have blood drawn for a test at General Referral Hospital of Mongbwalu during the Ebola outbreak response in Mongbwalu, Ituri province, eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, on May 20, 2026. Michel Lunanga / Getty Images
The IFRC said one had died on May 5 and the other two on May 15 and 16.
“These volunteers lost their lives while serving their communities with courage and humanity,” the Geneva-based IFRC said. “Their commitment reflects the extraordinary dedication shown every day by Red Cross volunteers working in complex and high-risk environments to support vulnerable people.”
The IFRC, which has more than 17 million volunteers in more than 191 countries, is the world’s largest humanitarian network. It said it remained committed to supporting communities affected by Ebola and to strengthening efforts to respond to the outbreak.
Dr. Craig Spencer, an emergency room physician and public health professor at Brown University who survived Ebola after contracting it while working with Doctors Without Borders in Guinea in 2014, previously told CBS News that he was particularly worried about healthcare workers responding to the outbreak.
“Healthcare workers are the group that I’m really concerned about because they had very close contact with people when they’re most contagious, particularly around the time of folks’ death,” Spencer said.
Ebola is a deadly viral disease spread through direct contact with bodily fluids. It can cause severe bleeding and organ failure. The strain of ebolavirus involved in the outbreak, Bundibugyo virus, is rarer and has no approved vaccine or treatments.
On Friday, the World Health Organization said it had raised the risk assessment for Congo to the highest level.
The WHO upgraded its risk assessment level from high to very high for Congo, while keeping the regional risk level at high and the global risk level at low.
There are 82 confirmed cases and seven confirmed deaths in the DR Congo, with almost 750 suspected cases and 177 suspected deaths, the WHO said on Friday.
发表回复