共和党人反弹:特朗普拟设的10亿美元司法部“黑金基金”威胁到移民海关执法局与边境巡逻队拨款计划


2026年5月21日 美国东部时间11:00 / 福克斯新闻

参议院多数党领袖约翰·图恩表示他“不太支持”,并希望该基金“得到适当的监管限制”

作者:亚历克斯·米勒 福克斯新闻

参议院共和党人正与唐纳德·特朗普总统就其新设立的近18亿美元“反武器化”基金产生分歧,关于资金来源与受助对象的担忧在国会山蔓延。

美国司法部(DOJ)本周早些时候宣布了这笔178亿美元的基金,该方案是特朗普与美国国税局(IRS)达成的协议,用以撤销他提出的100亿美元诉讼。此后不久,代理司法部长托德·布兰奇就该基金遭到议员们的质询。

“你设立的这笔基金是离谱的、史无前例的黑金基金,”马里兰州民主党参议员克里斯·范·霍伦说道。“简单来说,袭击国会山警察的个人是否有资格获得这笔基金?”


特朗普要求罢免参议院议事主持人,因其取消总统府邸安保拨款

2026年4月2日,在华盛顿特区,美国参议院以一致同意方式通过国土安全部拨款法案后,参议院多数党领袖约翰·图恩在国会山参议院会议厅外对媒体发表讲话。(安德鲁·哈尼克/盖蒂图片社)

“该国任何人士都有资格申请,”布兰奇说道。

这一担忧促使多名参议院共和党人批评该基金,因为多名被定罪的国会山袭警者,或试图伤害总统的人,有可能获得纳税人资金。

“想想看,”北卡罗来纳州共和党议员汤姆·蒂利斯说道。“设立一项基金,用来赔偿袭击国会警察及其他响应机构人员的人,对吧?那些已经对袭击总统的行为认罪的人,实际上可能获得赔偿。从我嘴里说出这种话,听起来有多荒谬?”

参议院共和党人目前正试图快速推进一项数十亿美元的拨款方案,为特朗普总统剩余任期内的移民执法行动提供资金,同时他们还在应对一项10亿美元的拨款申请,这笔资金将用于特朗普宏伟的私人府邸的安保升级。

这笔已经被参议院议事规则裁判取消的拨款,以及是否要对司法部基金增设限制条款,正让参议院的议事进程陷入停滞。


参议院共和党人威胁叫停移民海关执法局与边境巡逻队拨款法案,抗议特朗普的百亿拨款请求

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6396089330112

几乎没有共和党人公开支持这项“反武器化”基金。议员们定于周四上午与布兰奇举行闭门会议,进一步了解该基金的运作细节。

南达科他州共和党议员、参议院多数党领袖约翰·图恩此前曾表示,他“不太支持”该基金,并质疑其设立目的。

“我们的议员们对此有非常合理的疑问,我们已经讨论过,如果这项基金将作为一项常设机制存在,它应该是什么样子,以及我们如何确保它得到适当的监管限制,”图恩在会议开始前说道。

保护国会山的警员于周三提起诉讼,试图阻止该基金,但这并未平息共和党人的担忧。部分议员呼吁国会介入。

路易斯安那州共和党议员比尔·卡西迪——特朗普在上周末的初选中成功推动将其罢免——认为该基金加剧了美国惊人的国债规模,并表示“如果需要达成和解,行政部门应该将其提交国会决定”。


参议院共和党人与民主党人联手否决两项试图废除备受争议的“北极霜冻”调查条款的法案

2026年1月28日,在华盛顿特区,北卡罗来纳州共和党议员汤姆·蒂利斯在参议院共和党政策午餐会后对记者发表讲话。(阿尔·德拉科/彭博社 via 盖蒂图片社)

“民众关心的是支付房贷或房租、负担得起食品杂货和汽油费用,而非拿出18亿美元基金,让总统及其盟友可以毫无法律依据或问责地随意支付给任何人,”卡西迪在X平台上说道。

但参议院共和党内部并非众口一词。部分议员,如威斯康星州共和党议员罗恩·约翰逊,认为确实有“遭到联邦政府实质性伤害的人”,并不反对设立基金对其进行补偿。

约翰逊及其少数同僚曾是前特别检察官杰克·史密斯“北极霜冻”调查的目标,作为调查的一部分,他们的通话记录在未提前通知的情况下被 subpoena(传票调取)。

这一事件催生了一项现已失效的法案,允许在调查中成为目标的参议员在调查期间起诉要求最高50万美元的赔偿。


点击此处下载福克斯新闻APP

约翰逊认为,负责处理索赔申请的五人小组将阻止罪犯及其他人瓜分这笔基金。

“我认为他们不会为罪犯提供这类资助。我的意思是,那些本应被起诉、犯下暴力行为的人,”约翰逊告诉福克斯新闻数字频道。“但是,那些只是到场的爷爷奶奶们,却遭到司法部或联邦调查局的SWAT突袭搜查他们的农场?没错,这些人应该得到赔偿。”

亚历克斯·米勒是福克斯新闻数字频道记者,负责报道美国参议院事务。

Republicans recoil as Trump’s billion-dollar DOJ ‘slush fund’ for allies threatens ICE, Border Patrol plan

May 21, 2026 11:00am EDT / Fox News

Senate Majority Leader John Thune said he’s ‘not a big fan’ and wants the fund ‘fenced in appropriately’

By Alex Miller Fox News

Senate Republicans are breaking with President Donald Trump on his new, nearly $1.8 billion “anti-weaponization” fund as concerns over where the money comes from and who gets it ripple through the Capitol.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced the $1.78 billion fund earlier this week in a deal struck between Trump and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to drop his $10 billion lawsuit.Shortly after, acting Attorney General Todd Blanche was grilled by senators on the subject.

“This is an outrageous, unprecedented slush fund that you have set up,” Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., said. “Simple question, will individuals who assaulted Capitol Hill police officers be eligible for this fund?”

TRUMP DEMANDS SENATE PARLIAMENTARIAN’S OUSTER FOR AXING BALLROOM SECURITY FUNDING

Senate Majority Leader John Thune spoke to the media outside the Senate chamber at the U.S. Capitol after the Senate passed a Department of Homeland Security funding bill by unanimous consent on April 2, 2026, in Washington, D.C.(Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)

“Anybody in this country will be eligible to apply,” Blanche said.

That concern has driven several Senate Republicans to criticize the fund, given that several people convicted of assaulting police on the Hill, or who have tried to harm the president, could get access to taxpayer dollars.

“Imagine that,” Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., said. “A fund that is set up to compensate people who assaulted Capitol Police officers and other responding agencies, right? People that had pled guilty to physical acts against the president may actually be able to get compensated. How absurd does that sound coming out of my mouth?”

Senate Republicans are currently trying to ram through a multibillion-dollar package that will fund immigration operations for the remainder of Trump’s presidency and are already grappling with a $1 billion funding request that will go toward security enhancements for his colossal ballroom.

That funding, which was already stripped out by the Senate rules referee, and whether to add restrictions to the DOJ fund, are gumming up the process in the upper chamber.

SENATE REPUBLICAN THREATENS TO DERAIL ICE, BORDER PATROL PACKAGE OVER TRUMP’S BILLION-DOLLAR REQUEST

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6396089330112

Few Republicans are actively supporting the “anti-weaponization” fund.Lawmakers are set to meet with Blanche Thursday morning behind closed doors to learn more about how it works.

Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., previously said that he was “not a big fan” of the fund and questioned its purpose.

“Our members have very legitimate questions about it, and we’ve had some conversations about, if it’s going to be a feature going forward, what it might look like and how we might make sure that it’s fenced in appropriately,” Thune said ahead of the meeting.

Officers who protected the Hill on Jan. 6 sued to block the fund on Wednesday, but it hasn’t sated the concerns that Republicans have. Some want Congress to get involved.

Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La., who Trump successfully worked to oust during his primary election over the weekend, argued that the fund was adding to the nation’s staggering national debt, and that “if there needs to be a settlement, the administration should bring it to Congress to decide.”

SENATE REPUBLICANS, DEMS BLOCK DUELING ATTEMPTS TO REPEAL CONTROVERSIAL ARCTIC FROST PROVISION

Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., spoke to reporters after the Senate Republican policy luncheon at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 28, 2026.(Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

“People are concerned about paying their mortgage or rent, affording groceries and paying for gas, not about putting together a $1.8 billion fund for the president and his allies to pay whomever they wish with no legal precedent or accountability,” Cassidy said on X.

But it’s not a unanimous issue shared throughout the Senate GOP. Some, like Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., believe that there have been people “really harmed by the federal government,” and had no issue with setting up a fund to compensate them.

Johnson and a handful of his colleagues were the targets of former Special Counsel Jack Smith’s Arctic Frost probe and had their phone records subpoenaed without notice as part of the investigation.

That spurred now-defunct legislation that would have allowed senators targeted in the probe to sue for up to $500,000 as part of the investigation.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Johnson believed that the five-member panel that would process the claims would prevent criminals and others from getting a piece of the fund.

“I’m assuming they’re not going to provide that type of funding for criminals. I mean, people who really should have been prosecuted, people who committed violence, that type of thing,” Johnson told Fox News Digital. “But, I mean, for the grandma and grandpas that just showed up and you’ve got the DOJ or FBI doing SWAT raids on their farms? Yeah, those people should be compensated.”

Alex Miller is a writer for Fox News Digital covering the U.S. Senate.

评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注