2026年5月18日 / 美国东部时间晚上10:11 / 哥伦比亚广播公司(CBS)新闻
据美国国务院一份提交国会、并被CBS新闻获取的计划文件显示,特朗普政府正加大力度推动将南非白人荷裔南非人作为难民安置到美国,提议提高难民配额,以接纳更多该群体。
本届政府实际上已暂停针对大多数国籍群体的美国难民项目,唯独对南非荷裔白人网开一面,辩称他们因白人身份而遭受种族压迫。南非政府否认曾迫害这一由欧洲殖民者后裔组成的少数族裔,其成员大多为荷兰裔后代。
如今,国务院称存在“紧急难民局势”,有必要在本财年结束前增加对荷裔南非人的接纳人数。该部门向国会提出,希望将难民总配额从7500人提高至17500人,并将新增的1万个配额全部留给荷裔南非人。
国务院在计划中提到,新增1万名荷裔南非难民的安置成本约为1亿美元。
在这份计划里,国务院辩称荷裔南非人正面临“日益升级的敌意”,包括政客的批评性言论,以及去年12月南非当局突袭美国一处难民处理中心的事件。当时南非官员称,他们逮捕了在该中心非法务工的肯尼亚人,但美国方面谴责了此次突袭行动。
2025年10月至上月末,美国共安置了6069名难民,官员们使用了特朗普去年设定的7500人这一创纪录低位配额中的绝大多数名额。国务院的数据显示,其中6066人(即99%)来自南非,剩余3人来自阿富汗。
特朗普曾声称荷裔南非人正遭受“种族灭绝”,并在去年一场紧张的椭圆形办公室会议上,向南非总统西里尔·拉马福萨展示了一段聚焦该国农场谋杀案的视频。
这些说法遭到了强烈质疑。今年早些时候,《60分钟》栏目采访了多名荷裔南非人,他们驳斥了“白人正面临种族灭绝”的说法,认为农场谋杀案是南非整体犯罪问题的一部分,该问题会伤害所有种族的民众。
特朗普还援引了南非一项颇具争议的法律,该法律允许政府在特定情况下,为公共利益征用土地。法律条文并未提及受影响土地所有者的种族,但作为种族隔离制度遗留问题,白人南非人仍占有该国不成比例的土地份额。
周一提交国会的国务院计划仅是一项提案,需经总统正式批准后方能生效。但根据联邦法律规定的国会磋商程序,历史上这一环节往往只是形式而已。
CBS新闻已就此事联系美国国务院置评。
Trump administration proposes welcoming thousands more Afrikaners to U.S. as refugees, citing “emergency”
May 18, 2026 / 10:11 PM EDT / CBS News
The Trump administration is doubling down on efforts to resettle White Afrikaners from South Africa as refugees in the U.S., proposing to increase the government’s refugee cap to welcome thousands more of them, according to a State Department plan sent to Congress and obtained by CBS News.
The administration has effectively closed the U.S. refugee program for most nationalities, except Afrikaners from South Africa, arguing they’re the victims of racial oppression for being White. The South African government has denied persecuting the ethnic minority, composed of descendants of European settlers, mostly from the Netherlands.
Now, the State Department says there’s an “emergency refugee situation” that warrants more admissions of Afrikaners before the end of the fiscal year. The department told Congress it wants to increase the refugee cap from 7,500 to 17,500, and to offer the 10,000 additional spots to Afrikaners.
The admission of 10,000 additional Afrikaners would cost around $100 million, the State Department said in its proposal.
In that plan, the department argued that Afrikaners have faced “escalating hostility,” including critical statements by politicians and a December raid by South African authorities on a U.S. refugee processing center. At the time, South African officials said they had arrested Kenyans who were working at the center illegally, but the U.S. condemned the raid.
The U.S. resettled 6,069 refugees between October 2025 and the end of last month, with officials using most of the 7,500 record-low spots allocated by President Trump last year. State Department figures show 6,066 — or 99% — of the refugees were from South Africa, while the other three hailed from Afghanistan.
Mr. Trump has alleged that Afrikaners are facing a “genocide,” and in a tense Oval Office meeting last year, he confronted South African President Cyril Ramaphosa with a video that spotlighted murders of farmers in the country.
Those claims are heavily disputed. Earlier this year, “60 Minutes” spoke with Afrikaners who rejected the notion that White people are facing a “genocide,” and view murders on farms as part of a broader crime problem in South Africa that harms members of all races.
Mr. Trump has also pointed to a controversial South African law that could allow the government to seize land in some circumstances when it is deemed to be in the public interest. The law does not mention the races of affected landowners, though White South Africans own a disproportionate share of the country’s land, in a vestige of the apartheid system.
The State Department plan shared with Congress on Monday is a proposal that would need to be formally approved by the president before taking effect. But historically, the consultation with Congress, required by federal law, has been a formality.
CBS News has reached out to the State Department for comment.
发表回复