2026年5月18日 美国东部时间下午4:01 / 福克斯新闻
蒂利斯倒戈,再加上柯蒂斯、默考斯基、柯林斯和斯科特参议员的反对,鉴于共和党在参议院的微弱优势,该法案可能会胎死腹中
作者:亚历克斯·米勒,福克斯新闻
福克斯新闻记者马克·梅雷迪思带来了最新辩论进展,此前白宫记者协会晚宴枪击事件引发诸多安全担忧,相关讨论登上《特别报道》栏目。
全新功能:您现在可以收听福克斯新闻文章!
一场党内分歧可能会阻挠共和党为唐纳德·特朗普总统剩余任期内的移民执法行动提供资金的目标。
北卡罗来纳州共和党参议员汤姆·蒂利斯告诉同僚,如果共和党提出的720亿美元和解方案中包含给特朗普私人会所的10亿美元拨款,他将不会支持该方案。
他的倒戈,再加上其他几位对这笔拨款持批评态度的共和党人,可能会导致该法案胎死腹中。
参议院共和党人对10亿美元白宫私人会所拨款请求表示反对:“你随便编的这个数”
北卡罗来纳州共和党参议员汤姆·蒂利斯告诉同僚,如果即将到来的预算和解方案中包含给唐纳德·特朗普总统私人会所的10亿美元拨款,他将不会支持该方案。(安德鲁·哈尼克/盖蒂图片社;奇普·索莫德维拉/盖蒂图片社)
考虑到共和党在参议院的微弱优势,参议院多数党领袖、南达科他州共和党人约翰·图恩容不得共和党人违背党内路线。
蒂利斯的反对立场最初由Axios报道,福克斯新闻数字频道的一位知情人士证实了这一消息,仅凭他一人还不足以破坏这项为移民和海关执法局(ICE)及边境保护局提供未来三年半资金的法案。
但包括犹他州共和党参议员约翰·柯蒂斯、阿拉斯加州共和党参议员丽莎·默考斯基、缅因州共和党参议员苏珊·柯林斯以及佛罗里达州共和党参议员里克·斯科特在内的其他几位议员,都对这笔拨款表示不满。
上周,特勤局局长肖恩·柯兰向共和党人简要介绍了这笔拨款的情况,其中包括2.2亿美元用于“白宫建筑群安防加固”。
共和党人在移民海关执法局与边境保护局拨款法案中暗藏10亿美元纳税人资金用于特朗普私人会所安保
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6395414493112
根据福克斯新闻数字频道获得的分项明细,这笔资金将用于特朗普私人会所的“地上和地下”安保升级,政府方面称此举“将为总统、其家人及访客提供必要保护,同时兼顾地下最高级别的安保职能”。
这些升级措施将包括防弹玻璃、无人机探测技术、化学过滤与检测系统,以及“其他一系列国家安全职能相关设施”。
额外的1.8亿美元将用于设立白宫访客筛查中心。剩余的6亿美元将用于特勤局培训、加强对特朗普及其他官员的保护,以及包括反制无人机和其他空中入侵行为在内的其他安保措施。
但对共和党人来说,一个有利条件是参议院裁决人员裁定,私人会所相关拨款应从法案中剔除。
要通过预算和解程序绕过60票门槛、以简单多数通过法案,该方案必须符合参议院严格的《伯德规则》。民主党人曾推动参议院议事官伊丽莎白·麦克多诺剔除这笔拨款,并且成功了。
多项条款未能通过参议院规则审查,这项“宏伟华丽的法案”遇阻
特朗普总统与第一夫人梅拉尼娅·特朗普与英国王室夫妇合影,背景是白宫新总统私人会所的模型。(亚伦·乔恩/法新社 via 盖蒂图片社)
麦克多诺上周末裁定,鉴于该私人会所项目的复杂性和规模,它将涉及“跨越多个参议院委员会管辖范围的多个政府机构的协调工作”。按照目前的起草版本,该条款不适当地为司法委员会管辖范围之外的活动提供了资金。
图恩表示,共和党人从去年审议“宏伟华丽的法案”时议事官的裁决中学到了很多,整个过程是一个“互谅互让”的过程。
但尽管如此,共和党仍在全力推进,力争在本周末前通过该法案。
点击此处下载福克斯新闻APP
“我认为如果我们能做成这件事,就应该尽快完成,”图恩说。“我一直都是这样的人,尤其是在这儿,你要趁热打铁,我认为如果我们准备就绪,各委员会已经采取行动,我们在议事官那里也处于有利位置,而且我们在场的议员人数也足够,那么我认为我们应该努力尽快敲定此事。”
参议院预算委员会最高民主党人、俄勒冈州民主党参议员杰夫·默克利对这项裁决表示赞赏,但他指出,共和党人可能会设法将这笔拨款重新纳入法案。
“我们不能让共和党人浪费国家财富,去执行一场混乱和腐败的任务,同时对美国人民的需求视而不见,”默克利说。
亚历克斯·米勒是福克斯新闻数字频道记者,负责报道美国参议院事务。
Senate Republican threatens to derail ICE, Border Patrol package over Trump’s billion-dollar request
May 18, 2026 4:01pm EDT / Fox News
Tillis’ defection, along with Sens. Curtis, Murkowski, Collins and Scott, could sink the bill given the GOP’s narrow margin
By Alex Miller, Fox News
Fox News correspondent Mark Meredith has the latest on the debate as many express security fears following the WHCA Dinner shooting on ‘Special Report.’
NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles!
An internal dispute could derail Republicans’ goal of funding immigration operations for the remainder of President Donald Trump’s presidency.
Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., told his colleagues that he would not support the GOP’s $72 billion reconciliation package if it included $1 billion in funding for Trump’s ballroom.
His defection, along with a handful of other Republicans critical of the funding, could sink the bill.
SENATE REPUBLICANS BALK AT $1B WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM REQUEST: ‘YOU MADE THAT NUMBER UP’
Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., told his colleagues that he would not support the upcoming budget reconciliation package if it included $1 billion for President Donald Trump’s ballroom.(Andrew Harnik/Getty Images; Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
And given the GOP’s narrow margin in the upper chamber, Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., can’t afford Republicans to break from the party line.
Tillis’ opposition, which was first reported by Axios and confirmed by a source familiar to Fox News Digital, alone isn’t enough to torpedo the package meant to fund Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Border Patrol for the next three and a half years.
But others, including Sens. John Curtis, R-Utah, Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, Susan Collins, R-Maine, and Rick Scott, R-Fla., aren’t thrilled with the funding.
Republicans were briefed by Secret Service Director Sean Curran last week on the funding, which included $220 million for “White House complex hardening.”
REPUBLICANS SLIP $1 BILLION IN TAXPAYER MONEY FOR TRUMP BALLROOM SECURITY IN ICE, BORDER PATROL PACKAGE
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6395414493112
That would fund “above and below ground” security enhancements for Trump’s ballroom, which the administration argued would “afford needed protection for the president, his family, and visitors, along with the below-ground, highest-level security functions,” according to an itemized readout obtained by Fox News Digital.
Those enhancements would include bulletproof glass, drone detection technology, chemical filtration and detection systems and “a host of other national security functions.”
An additional $180 million would go toward a White House screening center for visitors. The remaining $600 million would go toward Secret Service training, enhancing protection for Trump and other officials, and other security measures including countering drones and other aerial incursions.
But a saving grace for Republicans could be the Senate referee’s ruling that funding for the ballroom should get yanked from the package.
In order for budget reconciliation to pause the 60-vote threshold and pass under a simple majority of votes, the package has to comply with the Senate’s strict Byrd Rule. Senate Democrats pushed for the Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough to strip out the funding, and they were successful.
SEVERAL PROVISIONS FAIL TO PASS MUSTER WITH SENATE RULES IN ‘BIG, BEAUTIFUL BILL’
President Trump and first lady Melania Trump join the royal couple for a photo in front of a model of the new presidential ballroom at the White House.(Aaron Chown/AFP via Getty Images)
McDonough ruled over the weekend that, given the complexity and scale of the ballroom project, it would involve the coordination of “many government agencies which span the jurisdiction of many Senate committees. As drafted, the provision inappropriately funds activities outside the jurisdiction of the Judiciary Committee.”
Thune said that Republicans had learned a lot from the parliamentarian’s rulings last year when they were crafting the “big, beautiful bill,” and that the process is a “give-and-take.”
But still, it’s full steam ahead for the GOP to try and advance the package by the end of the week.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
“I think that if we can get it done, we should get it done,” Thune said. “I’m always somebody who believes, especially around here, you want to strike while the iron’s hot, and I think if we, if we’re ready to go, the committees have acted, and we’re in a good place with parliamentarian, and we’ve got, you know, decent attendance here, then I think we want to try and wrap this up.”
Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., the top Democrat on the Senate Budget Committee, lauded the ruling, but noted that Republicans would likely try to find a way to work the funding back in.
“We cannot let Republicans waste our national treasure on a mission of chaos and corruption while turning a blind eye to the needs of the American people,” Merkley said.
Alex Miller is a writer for Fox News Digital covering the U.S. Senate.
发表回复