2026-05-20 16:53:38 GMT / 路透社
作者:迪娜·比斯利
2026年5月20日 美国东部时间下午4:53 更新:38分钟前
美国卫生与公众服务部(HHS)部长小罗伯特·F·肯尼迪2025年4月16日在华盛顿特区卫生与公众服务部的新闻发布会上。路透社/伊丽莎白·弗朗茨/资料图片 购买授权,将在新标签页打开
摘要
- 卫生与公众服务部确认解雇专家组负责人,招聘接替人员的申请截止至5月23日
- 黄医生称他和戴维斯医生已重新申请加入专家组
- 医学专家警告,因专家组被搁置,筛查指南更新工作陷入延误
路透社华盛顿5月20日电 — 据本月早些时候发出、本周三路透社看到的信件显示,美国卫生部长小罗伯特·F·肯尼迪已解雇了负责确定患者可免费享受的预防性医疗服务的权威专家组主席和副主席。
该预防服务工作组通常有16名成员,自肯尼迪取消其定期会议以来,该工作组已一年多未召开会议。去年12月任期届满的5名志愿成员尚未有新人接任。
路透社伊朗简报通讯
本通讯将为您带来伊朗局势的最新动态与分析,点击此处订阅。
广告 · 滚动继续
举报广告
据5月11日的信件显示,该专家组主席、塔夫茨大学医学院医学教授约翰·黄博士,以及副主席、马里兰大学医学院医学教授埃萨·戴维斯博士已被解职。
由肯尼迪领导的卫生与公众服务部一名官员确认了此次解雇。黄博士的原任期应至2027年3月,戴维斯博士的任期则原定至2028年3月。
肯尼迪在信件中表示,此次免职“属于行政性质”,该志愿专家组的成员申请通道开放至5月23日。
黄博士在一封电子邮件中称,他和戴维斯博士已“对该程序的有效性心存疑虑”,并重新申请加入该工作组。戴维斯博士尚未立即回应置评请求。
广告 · 滚动继续
卫生与公众服务部上月表示,正招募临床医生和研究人员提名加入该专家组,“包括但不限于”心脏病学、肿瘤学、妇产科学、儿科学、家庭医学和卫生经济学等专业领域。
本周三,卫生与公众服务部未回应路透社置评请求,未说明剩余的8名专家组成员是否也将被解雇。
医学专家表示,肯尼迪搁置该专家组的举措已导致癌症、心脏病及其他病症的筛查指南更新工作推迟。
在信函中,肯尼迪表示卫生与公众服务部旨在该专家组落实“标准作业程序”,并维护其长期公信力。
尽管该工作组传统上由独立的志愿专家组成,但其成员由卫生部长直接任命,无需参议院批准,且依赖该部医疗保健研究与质量局的支持。
去年6月,美国最高法院一项判决维持了预防性医疗覆盖要求,明确表示部长可审查该工作组的建议,这一判决确认了肯尼迪对该专家组的管理权。
包括颇具影响力的美国医学协会和美国儿科学会在内的104个健康组织,于去年7月致信国会卫生委员会,敦促他们“保护该工作组的公正性”。
该预防医疗专家组此前遭到一些保守派人士批评,称其过于左倾。
本文由迪娜·比斯利报道;卡罗琳·休默与比尔·伯克罗特编辑
我们的准则:路透社信托原则。
US Health Secretary Kennedy fires heads of key preventive health panel
2026-05-20 16:53:38 GMT / Reuters
By Deena Beasley
May 20, 2026 4:53 PM UTC Updated 38 mins ago
U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. during a press conference at the Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C., U.S., April 16, 2025. REUTERS/Elizabeth Frantz/File Photo Purchase Licensing Rights, opens new tab
Summary
- Panel firings confirmed by HHS, replacements sought through May 23
- Dr. Wong says he and Dr. Davis have reapplied to join the panel
- Medical experts warn delays in screening guideline updates due to panel’s sidelining
May 20 (Reuters) – U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. fired the chair and vice chair of the influential task force that decides what preventive medical care should be provided at no cost to patients, according to letters sent earlier this month and seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
The Preventive Services Task Force, which typically has 16 members, last met over a year ago after Kennedy canceled its regularly scheduled meetings. New members have not been named to replace the five volunteers whose terms expired in December.
The Reuters Iran Briefing newsletter keeps you informed with the latest developments and analysis of the Iran war. Sign up here.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue
Report Ad
Panel chair Dr. John Wong, professor of medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine, and vice chair Dr. Esa Davis, professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, were removed from the panel, according to the letters dated May 11.
An official for the Department of Health and Human Services, run by Kennedy, confirmed the firings. Wong’s term was due to end in March 2027, while Davis’ was set to conclude in March 2028.
Kennedy’s letters say the terminations were “administrative in nature” and applications for a seat on the volunteer panel are open through May 23.
Wong said in an email that both he and Davis had reapplied to be members of the task force “with trepidation around the validity of the process.” Davis did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue
HHS said last month it was seeking clinicians and researchers to be nominated to the task force “including but not limited to” specialties such as cardiology, oncology, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, family medicine and health economics.
HHS did not respond to a request for comment on Wednesday on whether the eight remaining panel members would be dismissed.
Medical experts say Kennedy’s sidelining of the panel has delayed updates to screening guidelines for cancer, heart disease and other conditions.
In the correspondence, Kennedy says HHS aims to implement “standard operating procedures” at the task force and protect its long-term credibility.
Though traditionally made up of an independent group of volunteer experts, members are selected by the health secretary without Senate confirmation, and it relies on support from the department’s Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Kennedy’s authority over the panel was affirmed by a Supreme Court decision last June that maintained preventive care coverage requirements and made clear that the Secretary can review the task force’s recommendations.
A group of 104 health organizations, including the influential American Medical Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics, last July sent a letter to Congressional health committees, urging them “to protect the integrity” of the task force.
The preventive care panel has been criticized by some conservatives as too left-leaning.
Reporting by Deena Beasley; Editing by Caroline Humer and Bill Berkrot
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
发表回复